Despite the name and the resemblance to frontier army stockades, Fort Nisqually was never a military installation but rather a fur trading outpost established by the Hudson Bay Company in 1833. Originally located in what is now DuPont, WA, it is now a living history museum located in Point Defiance Park, and includes a trade store, working blacksmith shop, laborers dwelling house, demonstration kitchen, and kitchen garden.
|Address:||5400 N. Pearl St.
Tacoma, WA 98407
|Hours:||11am – 4pm, Wed-Sun
(Open Daily 11-5 in Summer)
|Wheelchair Access:||Yes, some|